Senior Drupal Developer - Newcastle or Woking
We're looking for a full time Senior Drupal Developer to join the team. Ideally, you will be based in the UK or Ireland and available to work in our Newcastle or Woking office.
Invotra delivers a secure, flexible digital workplace to over 200,000 users - we're trusted by 45% of UK Government.
iO1, the team behind Invotra, are one of Europe's leading Open Source consultancies. Established in 2004, the organisation quickly became one of the most active members of the Open Source community globally. It's a significant claim to make when we say that that code written by our team is being in used on every major Drupal site worldwide, and not one we make lightly! iO1 are the primary sponsor for some of the most widely-used modules including Views, CTools , Panels and Panelizer (committed in partnership with NBC Universal iVillage).
In 2013 we were appointed the preferred supplier to one of the largest UK Government departments to implement a new, secure intranet to 38,000 users. Fast-forward to 2016 and we now deliver a secure, flexible digital workplace to hundreds of thousands of users - we serve over 45% of UK Government. Find out more about how we do it - watch our video.
Role and responsibilities
The candidate will be a strongly skilled and experienced Drupal developer who is able to interact with other team members and produce high quality, rigorously tested code.
They will be working on every stage of the product development lifecycle of our SAAS application Invotra and will provide inputs to technical specifications and system specifications and be able to translate them for junior programmers.
The role will required the ability to mentor junior staff to develop their skills, to ensure further career development and succession planning.
Desired Skills and Experience
- 5yr + Advanced PHP experience.
- 2.5yr + working knowledge of Drupal 7 development with an understanding of Drupal concepts and modules including content types, fields, nodes, taxonomy, views, panels and the CTools API
- Strong computer science fundamentals in data structures, algorithms, and object-oriented programming.
- Experience with relational database design principles (e.g. MySQL).
- Experience with Linux, in particular Apache, Solr, Memcache, Varnish configuration.
- Excellent problem solving skills. Curious and adept at researching project-related issues and estimations.
- Knowledge of git and github.
- Possess good oral and written documentation skills and be able to interact with other team members.
- Excellent attitude to self and others.
- Ability to work on-site at our Woking, Newcastle or Dublin office
- Strong track record of involvement in Drupal
- Other programming experience (Node.js, Java, Bash)
- Knowledge of the AWS stack
- Knowledge of Drupal 8
- Experience using JIRA for issue tracking (https://www.atlassian.com/software/jira)
- A genuine enthusiasm for technology.
- Competitive salary
- A charged and energised workplace with challenging work that will give you strong coding experience.
- A competitive compensation package with career development plan.
- The opportunity to have a tangible impact on the product and customer experience
Interested in applying?
Send your CV to email@example.com
Please note, candidates must be eligible to work in the EU.