We are looking for an exceptional Enterprise Architect to join our team to lead the evolution of our SAAS platform. Reporting into the Lead Architect you will be responsible for driving the value from existing assets, finding opportunities for sharing of technology and services, defining transformation initiatives and driving the evolution of our Enterprise Architecture.
You will lead the engagement with client architecture and security teams to ensure a fully integrated solution. You will also being responsible for mentoring Junior / aspiring architects
Invotra provides a secure, flexible digital workplace to over 200,000 users in the UK. iO1, the team behind Invotra, are one of Europe's leading Open Source consultancies. Established in 2004, the organisation quickly became one of the most active members of the Open Source community globally. It's a significant claim to make when we say that that code written by our team is being in used on every major Drupal site worldwide, and not one we make lightly! iO1 are the primary sponsor for some of the most widely-used modules including Views, CTools , Panels and Panelizer (committed in partnership with NBC Universal iVillage).
In 2013 we were appointed the preferred supplier to one of the largest UK Government departments to implement a new, secure intranet to 38,000 users. Fast-forward to 2016 and we now deliver a secure, flexible digital workplace to hundreds of thousands of users - we serve over 45% of UK Government. Find out more about how we do it - watch our video.
Role and responsibilities
- Ensures seamless integration between our platform and client architectures
- Ensure that projects promote a single way that is optimised for our needs.
- Alignment of IT strategy and planning with company's business goals.
- Optimisation of information management through an understanding of evolving business needs and technology capabilities.
- Promotion of shared infrastructure and applications to reduce costs and improve information flow.
- Work with the team to provide a consensus based enterprise solution that is scalable, adaptable and evolutionary by design
- Conducts impact analyses for projects
- Performs an active role in identifying need for and evaluating emerging technologies
- Takes part in developing and maintaining the Technical Reference Model and Standards Profile documents
- Analyses, recommends and documents system environments, including networks, nodes, operating systems, servers, and middleware.
- Recommends data architecture improvements based on information use and requirements
- Analyses and documents systems, internal and external interfaces, control, and data flow
- Analyses and recommends tools and standards to be used in development of
- Oversees and documents IT security aspects of the EA, including vulnerability assessment, design, access, and authentication.
- Risk Management of information and IT assets through appropriate standards and security policies.
- Ensures security profiles are established and maintained for all significant applications.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Over 5 years' experience in IT at a strategic level
- Experience of Cloud SAAS, VMWare and Open source solutions architecture.
- A strong all round technical and applications background ideally with hands on infrastructure and development experience.
- Extensive knowledge of integration areas such as SSO (Saml, Oauth, Kerberos, OpenID, LDAP) and microservices
- Previous experience in an IT strategy, and enterprise architecture role
- Experienced in IS strategy development and strong overall technical knowledge
- Track record of translating business needs into EA requirements.
- Experienced in translating and presenting strategy across business and IS communities
- Experienced team player, action orientated and customer focussed with strong communication skills
- Knowledge and experience of delivering large scale projects integrated with service delivery
- Experience of supplier and contract management
- TOGAF or other architectural framework experience/qualifications
Knowledge of the AWS stack
- Knowledge of VMWare
- Knowledge of Docker
Knowledge of Drupal 7/8
Experience using JIRA for issue tracking (https://www.atlassian.com/software/jira)
A genuine enthusiasm for technology.
Salary: very competitive
A charged and energised workplace with challenging work that will give you strong architectural design experience.
A competitive compensation package with career development plan.
The opportunity to have a tangible impact on the product and customer experience
Interested in applying?
Send your CV to email@example.com
Please note, candidates must be eligible to work in the EU.